Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Diva Delight

Tony, Tony, Tony...
Patti Lupone won her second Tony for her electric performance as Mama Rose in Gypsy - it's about time!; judging from her rendition of "Everything's Coming Up Roses" on the Tony show from Radio City Music Hall Sunday night, she's hitting it out of the park! Brava! In my book, she's consistently tops! (Bring the show to LA eventually, Patti!) And Mark Rylance, who won Best Leading Actor in a Play for Boeing-Boeing gave one of the funniest, nonchalant, entertainingly off-the-wall acceptance speeches ever! Visit the Tony website, linked to my main page!
And talk about divas, a local one
Toni, Toni, Toni...
...Miss Toni Morrell - is back, this time around at the Whitefire Theatre in Sherman Oaks playing Fridays, commencing June 27 through July 25. This is one helluva performer who hails from England. Sexy, with a great voice and charming sense of humor, Morrell is doing very well by day in the voice-over business for Disney! Don't miss her as she sings songs made famous by a bevy of famous divas, including Garland, Merman, Minnelli, et al, accompanied by her husband, talented composer David Dial!
I have in front of me colleague Steven Stanley's (StageScene LA) novel Moroccan Roll. It will be reviewed right here on my website this summer. He has been compared to Armistad Maupin in style. I can't wait to read it, as soon as my schedule calms down. I will also include book reviews here of a very funny memoire from my dear friend author/playwright Bill Derringer and of the award-winning Forgiving Troy by my old friend author/artist Thom Bierdz!
Talk real soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home